Boating and Watersport Accidents
Water activities and sports are a much-anticipated part of summertime in Ontario, yet every year, hundreds of children, teens and adults are injured in accidents involving boats and Jet Skis. There are a number of causes or contributing factors to these injuries:
- Operator inexperience or inattention
- Passenger and/or waterskier actions
- Faulty or ill-maintained equipment
- Speeding, failure to yield or other reckless operation
- Operating under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Overloaded vessels or poor handling of fuel
Boating and other watercraft accidents can be just as dangerous as those that occur on land and result in serious personal injury or death.
Has another party’s recklessness or negligence caused you to suffer injury during a water activity such as boating, Jet Skiing or swimming? If so, you may have a claim for personal injury. Contact Van Dyke Law Office for a free consultation to discuss your options.